There are only so many scholarships the Federal Government can issue each year, and the competition for those is fierce.
That said, did you know that there are some very obscure, unique scholarships whose career pays out big money when you finally start work?
This is not fiction, Here are 7 scholarship application sources you may not have heard or thought about. We think they’re quite interesting, based on requirements.
“Seeking extra money for college?
Check out these ten scholarships that have, according to Cappex.com, higher-than-average awards — and fewer-than-average applicants competing for them.
1. IEEE Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Graduate Scholarship From: The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society Award: $24,000 For students entering their first year of full-time graduate study in electrical engineering.
2. Barnes Scholarship From: The Tampa Bay Times Fund, Inc. Award: $15,000 For high school seniors who are residents of Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, or Hillsborough County in Florida.
3. Guild Scholar Award From: The Jewish Guild for the Blind Award: $15,000 For college-bound high school students who are legally blind.
4. Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship From: Health Professions Education Foundation Award: $13,000 For students currently enrolled or accepted in a bachelor’s degree in nursing program in California. Related: Nab more cash for college
5. Symantec Software Scholarship From: Symantec Corp. Award: $10,000 For Utah high school students who plan to pursue an education in math or science.
6. Raskin Scholarship From: The Raskin Foundation Award: $10,000 For Chicago-area high school seniors with financial need and an interest in the creative arts. Your video will play in 00:13 7. Minnesota Academic Excellence Scholarship From: The Minnesota Office of Higher Education Award: $10,000 For Minnesota high school seniors who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in English or creative writing, fine arts, foreign language, math, science, or social science.”
Original source of content
The downside to the above scholarships applications is, they’re kinda too specific in their requirements than other scholarships available out there. That said, this is the internet after all, if you, or know anyone who meets any of the above criteria, nothing stops you from applying and standing in line to be considered.
Bottom line is, there are never enough scholarships in relation to students applying for them.. Being first in line, to any scholarship funding source, is the key
I will admit, there’s nothing as exhilerating as seeing the fruits of your scholarship application becoming real. Don’t give up! If these scholarships don’t meet your expectations, be confident there’ll be more opportunities tomorrow!